| You may also be interested in|
|Handmade in Tunisia exclusively for Alfresco Emporium these earthenware dishes are painted by a single artist and can be used to cook and serve traditional North African tagines, as well as couscous and rice dishes. |
The traditional Tunisian pattern is painted by hand using food-safe paints and glazes and the hand-thrown clay retains heat well for serving directly at the table.
You will need to season your tagine before first use. Soak in water for 24 hours. Coat the interior with olive oil and place in a cold oven. Set oven temperature to 120ºC and leave for 1½ hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled wash with warm soapy water and towel dry.
- Safe for use on gas and electric cooktops and outdoor grills
- On stovetops use a diffuser
- Oven safe to 180ºC
- Always warm the base up slowly over a low flame
- Always use moderate temperature and do not subject to sudden hot and cold temperature changes
- Use caution when handling as Tagine can become very hot
- With use small cracks will occur, this is normal and will not affect performance
- Allow to cool before washing
- Hand wash and dry with a soft cloth
- Oven and microwave safe.
|Exclusive to Alfresco Emporium|