| You may also be interested in|
|A collection of entertaining songs from an island where music is an essential element of daily life. Puerto Rico follows the well-received Putumayo collections Cuba and Republica Dominicana and completes a trilogy of the music of the Spanish Caribbean.
Cuba and Puerto Rico are often described as two wings of the same bird and this is certainly evident in their music. The songs and rhythms of both islands are irresistible, danceable and soulful and have influenced many forms of contemporary popular music and jazz. While the Cuban son has recently taken flight on a gust of international popularity, Puerto Rican traditional music is an equally important element of the Latin music boom.
Contains 11 tracks:
1. Eddie Palmieri - Cafe
2. Andres Jimenez - Me Voy Pa'l Campo
3. Jimmy Bosch - Pa' Mantener Tradicion
4. Ramito - Una Mujer En Mi Vida
5. Modesto Capeda - Homenaje A Caridad
6. Edwin Colon Zayas - Seis Nilonguero
7. Pepe Castillo - Nadie Llore
8. Julius Melendez - Caramelo
9. Atabal - Musica Morena
10. Ismael Miranda - La Naturaleza
11. Plena Libre - Bembe de Plena